‘Riverdale’s “Carrie: The Musical” Episode Now Has Its Own Soundtrack
WaterTower Music has announced today’s release of the unique full soundtrack to “Carrie: The Musical,” a Riverdale episode featuring all new cast performances, which aired on April 18 (8:00–9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on The CW.
Fans who have fallen in love with songs from previous episodes of the show, such as “Mad World,” “Milkshake,” “Candy Girl,” “Kids in America,” and “Bittersweet Symphony” will delight in having a full album of new Riverdale recordings to add to their playlists and music collections.
In addition to today’s digital release of the album, a special, limited edition “blood red” vinyl version of the album will be available exclusively at Urban Outfitters on July 13. The track list is as follows:
- In [feat. KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Madelaine Petsch, Vanessa Morgan, Shannon Purser, Casey Cott, Emilija Baranac, Cody Kearsley, Ashleigh Murray]
- Carrie [feat. Madelaine Petsch]
- Do Me a Favor [feat. KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Jordan Calloway]
- Unsuspecting Hearts [feat. Ashleigh Murray, Madelaine Petsch]
- The World According to Chris [feat. Camila Mendes, Vanessa Morgan, Shannon Purser, Lili Reinhart]
- The World According to Chris (Reprise) [feat. Camila Mendes]
- You Shine [feat. KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes]
- You Shine (Reprise) [Bonus Track] [feat. Vanessa Morgan, Madelaine Petsch]
- Stay Here Instead [feat. Mädchen Amick, Emilija Baranac]
- A Night We’ll Never Forget [feat. KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Madelaine Petsch, Vanessa Morgan, Shannon Purser, Casey Cott, Emilija Baranac, Cody Kearsley, Ashleigh Murray, Mädchen Amick, Jordan Calloway]
- Evening Prayers [feat. Mädchen Amick]
Based on Lawrence D. Cohen’s on-screen adaptation of Stephen King’s novel, Carrie The Musical features lyrics by Dean Pitchford and music by Michael Gore. Carrie The Musical was first produced in 1988 by the Royal Shakespeare Company before ultimately making its way to Broadway. It was then revived in 2012 by New York’s MCC Theater. Major productions have recently been seen at the Southwark Playhouse in London and the Los Angeles Theatre in Los Angeles, California. In addition to Cheryl Blossom’s role as Carrie, the Riverdale High production includes Archie Andrews as Tommy Ross, Betty Cooper as Sue Snell, Veronica Lodge as Chris Hargensen, Chuck Clayton as Billy Nolan, Alice Cooper as Margaret White, Josie McCoy as Miss Gardner, Toni Topaz as Norma and Ethel Muggs as Helen. The show is directed by Kevin Keller.
About Riverdale – “Carrie The Musical”
As Riverdale High begins rehearsals for its upcoming production of “Carrie The Musical,” the arrival of an ominous letter forces director Kevin (Casey Cott) to make a difficult decision about the show. Jughead (Cole Sprouse) uses his cover as the musical’s documentarian to solve the mystery behind the letter. Meanwhile, tensions between Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) continue to escalate just as Alice (Mädchen Amick) announces she is joining the musical to spend more time with Betty. Elsewhere, Hiram (Mark Consuelos) enacts a devious plan to further drive a wedge between Fred (Luke Perry) and Archie (KJ Apa), while Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) channels Carrie White during a showdown with her mother. Marisol Nichols, Ashleigh Murray and Skeet Ulrich also star. The episode is directed by Jason Stone and written by Arabella Anderson & Tessa Leigh Williams.
Based on the characters from Archie Comics and produced by Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Supergirl, Blindspot, Everwood) in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, Riverdale is a bold, one-hour drama that offers a subversive take on the surreality of small-town life. The series airs Wednesdays (8:00–9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on The CW.
Be sure to check our our Riverdale podcast, Riverdale After Dark, which updates right after every episode airs!
An after-show for The CW's Riverdale, hosted by Comic Book Club!
2 thoughts on “‘Riverdale’s “Carrie: The Musical” Episode Now Has Its Own Soundtrack”